This is an old giveaway entry originally posted at Digital Hippos. I’m re-posting it here for portfolio purposes. This is an old contest; please do not enter!
It may be Thursday to the rest of the world, but at Digital Hippos World Headquarters, it’s WEEKLY GIVEAWAY DAY!
This time, we’re giving away something for all the aspiring Shigeru Miyamotos and Will Wrights out there.
But first, it’s time to announce our winner of last week’s giveaway: bramb600 from Ontario, Canada! We’ll be in touch shortly to get your shipping info, and then your Junk Food X-Men tee will be off, like the Blackbird in the night!
As for this week’s contest, we have something for all of you next-big-thing game designers out there: Level Up!: The Guide to Great Video Game Design. Penned by game designer Scott Rogers (Pac Man World, God of War, Darksiders), Level Up! is a comprehensive guide to the making of video games, from conception to creation, covering such topics as how to come up with a marketable idea, creating a world, the fundamentals of mechanics, level design, and oh-so-much more.
The rules, as always, are simple:
- Register for a Digital Hippos account (if you don’t already have one). It’s free!
- ‘Like’ us on Facebook and/or follow us on Twitter. (Not a member of one of these two bustling social networks? That’s fine, just stick with the one you use. But we do need it to be at least one of these two.)
- Share this link on Facebook and/or Twitter along with: Digital Hippos is giving away a free copy of Level Up!: The Guide to Great Video Game Design by Scott Rogers!
- Copy your shared link from Facebook/Twitter and paste it into the comments section below.
- Bam! Done. Just that easy.
It’s so simple! A winner will be chosen and announced in next Thursday’s contest article, and quicker than David Jaffe tweets something inflammatory, your copy of Level Up! will be cast away into your arms. And just like that, you could be on your way to becoming the next Peter Molyneux!